Thursday 23 February 2012

Look who came to visit us today!!


Look at us feeding the chicken!

 We were all very excited!

We sat quietly to feed them.

Here are some of the comments we made:

"When Smokey pecked my hand, it felt like a bouncing ball." 

"When the chickens had to go, it was very sad."

"It was funny when the chickens ate out of my hand."

"When Smokey pecked my hand, it tickled."

"At first I was scared."

"They ruffled their wings."

"Smokey wiped her face on the newspaper because she didn't want her face to be sticky."

"I hope we can see them again."

"Everyone laughed when the hens poohed." 


5 comments:

  1. Smokey was funny when she flapped up her feathers.by Jimmy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Jimmy for bringing your chickens to school. They went peck peck peck when they were eating. I love chickens, I want some at my house!
    Elanor

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hens really enjoyed their visit to see your class this morning. They were so tired they sat under their favourite flax bush and tucked their heads under their wings and went to sleep! Thank you for being so gentle with them. Kerry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a tame and patient chook! Wonderful - thanks for sharing Kerry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou Ellornor for your comment. From Jimmy.

    ReplyDelete